Every Tuesday Catalyst invites the best-of-the-best in digital marketing to participate in our Trailblazer Tuesday lunch and learn series. From search engines to social platforms, to industry-leading tools and partners, we open our doors to innovators, experts, and trailblazers and learn about their cutting-edge capabilities.
On Tuesday, March 6th the team from Criteo joined us for a very exciting and insightful session. Here’s what we learned.
Who is Criteo?
Criteo is a leader in commerce marketing, known for their personalized retargeting offering, which works with internet retailers to serve personalized online display ads to consumers who have previously visited an advertiser’s site. In November of 2016, Criteo acquired HookLogic, which is a performance marketing exchange that connects many of the world’s largest e-commerce sites with consumer brand manufactures.
Now called Criteo Sponsored Products, this offering allows brands vying for digital shelf space to promote their products within the search results on these sites with sponsored products ads. Criteo Sponsored Products is able to show revenue driven from the promoted listings, and directly link an advertisers spend to sales.
The Criteo Sponsored Products network is global, and include retailers such as: Wal-Mart, Target, Best Buy, Costco, Staples, Sears, and Kohl’s, just to name a few.
Omni-Shopping is the New Norm
According to Criteo, more than 75% of shoppers globally use a variety of devices, channels, and platforms to browse and buy products. Criteo’s research has also found that 50% of shoppers start their purchase journey on a different site than what they end up purchasing on.
Some specific forms of consumers’ omni-shopping behaviors include “show-rooming”, “web-rooming” and “click & ship:”
- Show-rooming: When a consumer sees a product in store, and then buy it from that retailer’s website
- Web-rooming: When a consumer researches products online, and then buys it in store
- Click & Ship: When a consumer sees a product in store, and then buys it on their mobile device while in the store
Criteo Sponsored Products
Given the above trends, it’s more important than ever for brands to be omni-present on retail sites. Criteo helps advertisers achieve this through products like:
- Sponsored Products Ad: Combining an “always-on” strategy with Sponsored Products Ads helps target in-market shoppers and helps brand’s own the digital shelf buy promoting a SKU placement at the top of a retailed search results page.
- Product Detail Page Listing: This helps increase visibility by using the product detail page listing to target shoppers outside of your brand’s specific category.
- Homepage & Merchandizing Placement: This helps brands and agencies maximize reach. It is a great way to get your brand in front of consumers before their actively shipping on a retailer’s site.
- Brand Spotlight: Criteo’s newest offering, the brand spotlight placement appears on a retailers’ search/browse pages, and is contextually targeted. This allows agencies and brands to promote the brand’s logo and messaging in a very customizable way.
Catalyst partners with Criteo to complement many of our client’s traditional search marketing campaigns. Criteo has two key differentiators from traditional search advertising that makes their tools and product a great way to drive business results on eCommerce sites. The first is their extensive network of online retailers where your brand can be promoted. These retailers include office supplies stores, grocery stores, big box chains, and wholesale/club outlets, so it is very likely that your product is sold at many of the retailers in Criteo’s network. The second advantage is being able to see sales data that is attributed to advertising spend. The level of sales insights that Criteo can deliver is currently unrivaled by many traditional search platforms.
Want to learn more about how you can partner with Catalyst and Criteo to maximize your visibility and sales on eCommerce sites? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.