Last year’s inaugural TechSEO Boost was a major success. With a sellout crowd in Boston, along with thousands joining by livestream, the event drew a great deal of interest among technical SEO specialists and developers.
- Three finalists will be invited to present at TechSEO Boost. Presentations will be several minutes in length and will summarize the respective research or experiments conducted. Finalists who are unable to travel to Boston to present in-person can opt to send a video file with a pre-recorded presentation that will be aired at the live event.
- Winner to be announced live at TechSEO Boost. Winner will receive a cash prize of $3,000.
This Year’s Finalists:
Thank you to everyone who submitted to this year’s Call for Research. The judges were blown away by all of the great submissions and all of the sophisticated experimentation and research that is taking place in the SEO community. This year’s finalists were:
- Vincent Terrasi, OVH, Build a Machine Learning Model Capable of Predicting a Webpage Ranking in SERP with a Reliability of 92%
- Eric Enge, Perficient Digital (formerly Stone Temple Consulting), Do Links Still Matter for SEO in 2017
This Year’s Winner:
Catalyst is happy to announce that this year’s Call for Research winner is:
- Dan Taylor, SALT.agency ®, Utilising Cloudflare Workers to Overcome the Challenges of Legacy Tech Stacks and High DevOps Costs
The 2018 TechSEO Boost research competition is sponsored by Moz. Moz helps you maximize your online visibility by building software to help you rise in constantly evolving SERPs — Moz Pro for website SEO and Moz Local for online business listings. Backed by our industry-leading metrics and true to our TAGFEE values, we help you do better marketing by also providing online marketing tools, webinars, and educational resources. We support over 38,000 customers and the largest community of online marketers on the planet at 600,000 strong from our Seattle office. Moz.com. Want to give your research a little boost? Sign up for a free 30-day trial of Moz Pro.
Panel of Judges (More Coming Soon)
Russ Jones, Principal Search Scientist, Moz
Paul Shapiro, Partner, Director of Strategy & Innovation, Catalyst
Clark Boyd, Research Director, ClickZ
Alexis Sanders, Technical SEO Account Manager, Merkle
Neil Martinsen-Burrell, Senior Data Scientist, Moz
Ruth Burr Reedy, Director of Strategy, UpBuild
Aleyda Solis, International SEO Consultant & Founder, Orainti
Rhea Drysdale, CEO & Lead Strategist, Outspoken Media
If you have any questions about the research please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.