Last year’s inaugural TechSEO Boost was a major success. With a sellout crowd in Boston, along with thousands joining by livestream, the event drew a great deal of interest among technical SEO specialists and developers.
Want to be a part of this year’s TechSEO Boost and have interesting research to share? Enter your research or experiment, and have the chance to present your findings at the event.
- Three finalists will be invited to present at TechSEO Boost. Presentations will be several minutes in length and will summarize the respective research or experiments conducted. Finalists who are unable to travel to Boston to present in-person can opt to send a video file with a pre-recorded presentation that will be aired at the live event.
- Winner to be announced live at TechSEO Boost. Winner will receive a cash prize of $1,000.
Timeline & Submission Process
- Tuesday, September 4th: Email email@example.com to declare your intent to submit research. Participants who declare their intent by September 4th will receive the opportunity to ask the judging panel three questions to help guide their entry. Note: Declaring your intent to submit is optional. Participants are not required to declare your intent prior to submitting research.
- Monday, October 1st, (5 pm ET): Entries due. Submit entry by completing official entry template and submitting to firstname.lastname@example.org
DOWNLOAD TEMPLATE: TechSEO Boost Call for Research Template
- Thursday, November 1st: Three finalists to be announced on this page & via Catalyst social media accounts.
- Thursday, November 29th: All finalists present at TechSEO Boost. The winner will be announced following the presentations.
- Importance of research area (not results) to industry (no preference given to positive findings)
- Relevance of research area (not results) to industry
- Novel research approaches
- Reproducible research models
- Open sourcing of data and modeling
- Presentation of research and clarity
Panel of Judges (More Coming Soon)
Russ Jones, Principal Search Scientist, Moz
Paul Shapiro, Partner, Director of Strategy & Innovation, Catalyst
Clark Boyd, Research Director, ClickZ
Alexis Sanders, Technical SEO Account Manager, Merkle
Neil Martinsen-Burrell, Senior Data Scientist, Moz
Ruth Burr Reedy, Director of Strategy, UpBuild
Aleyda Solis, International SEO Consultant & Founder, Orainti
Rhea Drysdale, CEO & Lead Strategist, Outspoken Media
Call for Judges
Want to join our judging panel? Email email@example.com describing why you think you would be an ideal judge of this year’s research.
If you have any questions about the research please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.