The Project Director will be joining the search marketing team to play a critical role on a global account. They will bring their knowledge of search marketing (SEO/Organic Search and SEM/Paid Search) to ensure team members, clients, and 3rd parties are aligned & communicative so that activities & deliverables are planned for & executed on time and on budget at the highest possible quality level.
This is a critical assignment for a global client where you will collaborate closely with the Group Director of Paid Search and Director of SEO, as well as key internal and client stakeholders across the globe, ensuring excellence in our delivery of services and organization of deliverables.
Best Things About the Role
- Be a driving force behind managing a high-performance team across multiple disciplines for a new, global AOR client
- Work with a diverse set of experts across functional areas, including brand marketers, engineers, paid search & SEO practitioners
- A unique opportunity to hone your craft and grow your career as part of the expanding GroupM Services and Project Management communities
Join a high-performance, cross-functional team, to own processes and timelines, and establish the service delivery aspects of our engagement model internally through:
- Conducting detailed project planning of schedules including major and minor milestones, deliverables, dependencies, as well as parallel & critical paths
- Managing progress by ensuring that clear, current information about past / present / future activities & deliverables is tracked and appropriately acted upon by responsible parties
- Manage risk by identifying, communicating, and avoiding potential issues, and address through course-correction & subsequent planning as needed
- Facilitating collaboration by applying your understanding of search marketing to client challenges and needs, and uncovering opportunities to solve problems through an integrated approach
- Reporting, forecasting, and recommending actions related to project or campaign progress and risk / health for internal and external status reports, and as needed
- 5+ years of experience in related roles in one or more of the following (3+ client facing): media agency (preferable); web development agency / company / in-house unit; marketing firm; adtech or mar-tech company; software development firm or in-house unit
- SEO, Digital Marketing or Analytics Experience a plus
- Highly organized, detail / process / problem-solving oriented with an ability to produce strong documentation, and perform under pressure in structured and unstructured environments
- Ability to:
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders in a professional & results-oriented manner, bringing clarity to ambiguous situations and drive progress
- Plan, organize and run effective, collaborative meetings and workstreams through effective communication
- Drive change in response to challenges and opportunities with maximum cost / benefit outcome across all dimensions
- Knowledge of, and experience with Project / process management and collaboration toolset (e.g. Smartsheet, JIRA, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, etc.)
- Experience managing across the range of waterfall and agile project management methodologies
- Experience working as a Functional Analyst or PM assisting in the development of websites, website redesigns, website or tech stack migrations, digital applications, and/or mobile apps; inclusive of task deployment and QA
Get all the benefits of working with Fortune 1,000 clients in a dynamic and open environment where we take pride in what we do. We are looking for smart, hardworking professionals to drive business results as a member of the GroupM family.
GroupM is a WPP company. WPP is the world leader in marketing communications services, with 158,000 employees around the globe. Within WPP, GroupM is the consolidated media investment management operation and parent company to world-famous media agencies.
The work environment is an upbeat, positive, and comfortable one that cultivates creativity and innovation. We have offices in New York City, Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Irvine, Atlanta, and Seattle.
We are an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of GroupM and its affiliates to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
If this position sounds like a great fit, please apply here.