Paul Shapiro, Partner, Director of Strategy and Innovation at Catalyst, was recognized by Search Engine Journal as one of 140 Top SEO Experts You Should Be Following in 2019.
Catalyst and Paul Shapiro
Catalyst is a specialty search and social media marketing company, delivering sophisticated SEO, PPC, paid social, and eCommerce advertising (Amazon, Walmart, Target, & more) for the Fortune 1000.
Our very own, Paul Shapiro, uses his technical SEO skills and expertise to maximize clients’ business results and to advance the SEO industry as a whole. As a technical SEO thought-leader, Paul has also been the driving force behind Catalyst’s TechSEO Boost event, the first technical SEO conference, which is currently in planning for its third annual meeting – stay tuned for updates from Catalyst!
Catalyst is honored to announce that thanks to his impressive accomplishments, Paul is included on Search Engine Journal’s 140 Top SEO Experts You Should Be Following in 2019 List!
Search Engine Journal: 140 Top SEO Experts You Should Be Following in 2019
Search Engine Journal, an online publication reporting on all things SEO, publishes an annual list of whom their esteemed panel of judges (including Loren Baker, Jenny Halasz, Alexandra Tachalova, and Purna Virji) deem as high-quality SEO experts. Inclusion on the list is contingent on criteria such as are these individuals currently writing and sharing SEO thought leadership…
- At conferences
- In publications
- On social media
- In blog posts
The goal of SEJ’s 140 Top SEO Experts You Should be Following in 2019 list is to help members of the SEO community learn from their colleagues, in order to help advance their individual careers, as well as, the industry as a whole. This list is unique for its unbiased selection process, specialty focus on SEO experts (vs. broader digital marketing), and selection of experts who are both relevant and knowledgeable (not mutually exclusive).
The list (experts are featured in no particular order) highlights chosen individuals’ names, companies, titles, years in the industry, notable achievements from 2018 and social media links. Additionally, each expert shares what they love about SEO, as well as, a recommendation to an insightful piece of SEO content they authored.
Paul’s Feature on SEJ’s 140 Top SEO Experts
Please see below for Paul’s featurette on the list:
- Paul Shapiro
- Partner, Director of Strategy and Innovation and SEO Practice Lead / Catalyst
- Paul Shapiro, Director of Strategy and Innovation at Catalyst, specializes in technical SEO and is the founder of the industry’s first technical SEO conference, TechSEO Boost.
- Follow @fighto on Twitter
- Follow Paul on LinkedIn
- What Paul loves about SEO: The SEO industry is for the most part very supportive of one another, which is admirable. It’s also an industry that touches many other disciplines and emphasizes problem-solving, making it very exciting!
- Years working in the SEO industry: 7
- Notable achievement from 2018: Held the 2nd annual TechSEO Boost, the SEO conference I founded in 2017 devoted entirely to technical SEO.
- Paul recommends: Reducing the time it takes to write meta descriptions for large websites
Congrats to our TechSEO Boost Speakers Who Also Made the Cut
We would also like to give a special congratulatory shout out some of our speakers from TechSEO Boost 2018 who were also recognized on the list!
See below for links to their videos and presentation slide decks at TechSEO Boost:
- Ashley Berman Hale, Technical SEO Lead at DeepCrawl
- Patrick Stox, Technical SEO at IBM
- Dan Taylor, Account Director at SALT.agency
- Britney Mueller, Senior SEO Scientist at Moz
- Jamie Alberico, SEO Product Owner at Arrow Electronics
- Kevin Indig, Head of SEO at Atlassian
- Russ Jones, Principal Search Scientist at Moz
- Rob Bucci, VP R&D at Moz
- Michael King, Founder at iPullRank
- Paul at TechSEO Boost 2018:
- Just Enough to Be Dangerous (and Super Effective!): Programming Basics for SEOs from TechSEO Boost 2018 Video
- Just Enough to Be Dangerous (and Super Effective!): Programming Basics for SEOs from TechSEO Boost 2018 Presentation Slide Deck
- Research Roundup: Success Strategies for Better Experiments & Tests Video
Catch the full list of SEJ’s SEO experts here.
Find more content about Paul Shapiro’s accomplishments and the ins and outs of TechSEO Boost here.
Questions on SEO?
Have questions on Catalyst’s approach to SEO? Inquire with firstname.lastname@example.org.