Full funnel marketing for mobile apps has never been more important.
Mobile downloads are surging across multiple categories and verticals. The COVID-19 crisis has consumers staying home and relying on apps for food delivery, online education, physical fitness, entertainment, and more.
Though our new reality of social distancing and remote working has dramatically accelerated mobile app usage and downloads, this trend pre-dates the coronavirus. According to AppAnnie’s “The State of Mobile 2020” report, there were 204 billion worldwide app downloads in 2019, a 45% increase since 2016. App store consumer spend has also be been steadily increasing. In 2019, consumers spent $120 billion dollars in app stores, a 2.1x increase since 2016.
This is great news for brands with mobile apps. There is more opportunity than ever to use your app to acquire new customers and grow your business. However, there is also more competition than ever. According to Statista, in Q4 2019 there were over 2.5 million apps available in Google Play and over 1.8 million in the Apple App Store.
What’s the secret to cutting through the noise to make sure your mobile app is not only top of mind, but easily accessible to customers who deliver the highest lifetime value for your business? It comes down to a full funnel approach. You need to take a full funnel approach to mobile app marketing, strategically leveraging performance channels like programmatic, paid social, paid search, and SEO to reach and engage the audiences most likely to become loyal app users.
Catalyst’s new webinar “From Discovery to Download to Dollars: How Full Funnel App Marketing Leads to Real Business Outcomes” on April 16th shares strategies for to plan and execute your full funnel app marketing program. We’ll share how our end-to-end app marketing solution, AppIQ, drives better business outcomes. Be sure to tune in on April 16th, but in the meantime, below is a sneak peek of some of the insights you’ll glean:
TARGETING HIGH LTV USERS
- App marketing approaches and solutions that increase performance by gradually moving from lowest cost per install to lowest cost per quality install
- Targeting high lifetime value users through custom audience weighting analysis and insights
- Omnichannel approaches to driving app awareness
- Leveraging DOOH to increase app awareness
- Leveraging Facebook & Instagram to drive app downloads, including key recommendations for creative, CTAs, and campaign setup
- Maximizing efficiency through paid social app install campaigns
MAXIMIZING VISIBILITY IN APPLE APP STORE & GOOGLE PLAY
- The impact of things like keywords, app name, sub-titles, descriptions, screenshots, video preview, and more on organic visibility
- Optimizing app descriptions in the Apple App Store and Google Play and key differences in optimization approaches for each
- Tips and tactics for increasing app visibility on traditional search engines like Google and Bing
- How Apple Search Ads work and why you should consider investing
RETARGETING & RE-ENGAGING
- Retargeting your brand’s app installers to drive in-app conversions (purchase, registration, etc.).
- Retargeting across difference devices to maximize conversions and cross channel conversions