On March 16, 2017, Catalyst and Yahoo co-hosted Digital Boost, an event that united digital marketing experts and thought-leaders to discuss search and programmatic insights and innovation. Here’s what you missed!
Search & Programmatic in the Post-Digital World
Presented by Susan Bidel, Forrester Consulting
- Search continues to comprise a significant portion of digital investment and is estimated to grow 8% annually over the next 5 years.
- Programmatic continues to grow due to improvements in audience targeting.
- Brands should design for mobile users, keep location data accurate, increase content assets, and move to omni-channel media buying to align the customer journey with the customer life cycle.
Performance Revolution: When Search and Programmatic Collide
Presented by Brian Hedrick, Yahoo
To drive business results from search campaigns, marketers need to:
- Understand evolving consumer behavior and plan your campaigns for the multi-tasker
- Double down on the mobile experience, with a focus on search and native advertising
- Leverage data and insights to play up and down the funnel
Xaxis Audience Search: Marrying Paid Search and Programmatic to Increase Conversion and ROI
Moderator: James Cooley, Mindshare. Panelists: Craig Sofer, Xaxis; Sofia Perl, Yahoo; Kim Kyaw, Jaguar Land Rover
- Xaxis Audience Search is a first-to-market media offering that marries programmatic audience buying and paid search advertising.
- It allows advertisers to leverage the Turbine DMP to serve ads in search against keywords that they may not normally bid on due to cost. Using a combination of audience attributes layered on top of relevant keywords, Xaxis Audience Search has generated significant performance gains for advertisers within Catalyst & GroupM.
Programmatic Inventory: Optimizing Relationships, Yield, Access, & Quality
Moderator: Matt Anderson, GroupM. Panelists: Aaron Radin, NBCUniversal; Jon Cooke, Rubicon Project; Brian Stempeck, The Trade Desk.
- As programmatic continues to evolve, inventory has shifted from remnant to premium via the advent of header bidding. Advertisers can capitalize on this as the space continues to experience targeting improvements that were previously unavailable via direct-buys.
- As programmatic display continues to rise, Catalyst and its partners use safeguards such as Integral Ad Science and DoubleVerify to maintain brand safety.
- The next wave of programmatic includes the accessibility to buy digital billboards, greater programmatic TV/online video capabilities, and digital audio (radio, podcasts, etc.).
Search & Moment Marketing: Programmatically Bidding on Real Time Events, Trends, & More
Moderator: Kerry Curran, Catalyst. Panelists: Andrew Ruegger, Catalyst; Daanish Chishti, Mindshare; Eliott Reilhac, TVTY
- Moment marketing means reaching the consumer at the exact right time, and when done strategically, offers brands a competitive edge and cost efficiencies.
- TVTY allows advertisers to make changes to search campaigns based on real-time events such as TV commercials, sporting events, weather, and other key moments. However, strategic search expertise is required to incorporate that data into the overall search strategy and align the strategy with broader media plans.
- Catalyst’s Data Science department is pioneering innovative ways to use third party data to increase search campaign efficiency, execute sophisticated conquesting, and identify the best moments to buy or not to buy.
The Power of Search & Social in B2B Account-Based Marketing
Participants: Laetitia Kieffer, MediaCom, and Atul Singh, Dell
- Dell’s B2B division leveraged AdWords, DMPs, and Customer Match technology to more effectively target business stakeholders responsible for multi-million dollar tech infrastructure (e.g. cloud computing, server infrastructure, etc.) decisions.
- For B2B advertisers that have longer purchase cycles, and for which multiple stakeholders are responsible for purchase decisions, building the right ad technology stack is critical to allowing B2B brands to focus on accounts that would drive the greatest impact for the business while surfacing relevant leads for their sales department.